Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, February 8, 2008

Boys aren't much better

Hello. Sorry my last post was such a downer. I am just so so tired. I think it all is getting to me lately! I am trying to take Charlotte the Spiders advice...Chin up!

The two littlest boys are a mess. We took Caleb and Cam to the Dr. today. He sent Caleb for an x-ray and called us to tell us he has pneumonia. He still is sporting a 103+ temp and meds don't do much at all for him. He is miserable!!! He has coughed so much he has ruptured blood vessels in his eyes. Today he is hardly coughing at all...which is not a good thing...and so we are watching him closely.

Cam's asthma is going crazy... His O2 sats weren't terrible (91-92) so we are just starting his steroids at home and see if we can squeak by without oxygen. His fever is sticking close to 100.9 with or without meds. The Dr. is sure they likely are fighting the same illness. Cam has quite the system down... he wakes up...he coughs till he pukes and pukes and pukes...then he gets his breathing treatment...and he falls asleep until his next one wears off and it starts all over again. *sigh* If the hospitals weren't so full of babies with RSV I would ask for him to just go get some O2. Sometimes I wish, as the mom of an asthamtic, I could get some to give him here at home, just to get his body some extra relief!

I am doing a little better today. A little stronger. *grin* I guess Heavenly Father is blessing me with only what I can handle. I am so grateful for the little bit of added energy!

Jess is leaving for the weekend to Wyoming to assist family that needs help. The poor man can use the break! He has been taking care of me all this week, his work, and now the boys as much as he can. Last night I woke up to everything the boys needed, but Jestin wouldn't let me get up with them. He did it all. (I think he was not so thrilled with my grey spell last night...it really wasn't as bad as it looked! I was still concious! I just didn't want to respond to him until my O2 levels felt normal again and my heart calmed down some! It wasn't that long...10-15 seconds maybe...*blush*) Anyway...Jess is so good to all of us! I am the luckiest woman! I just adore this man!! HE IS THE BESTEST!

Caleb is so funny! He has been dilirious! Once he was asleep on my lap, feverish and limp, all of a sudden he sat up, climbed down, walked over to the kitchen chairs and pushed them under the table like they belong, mumbling something about chairs, then came back, climbed up on my lap and fell fast asleep again! BWAHAHA!! He also keeps getting up, going to look at Cameron, mumbles that "Tameron is sweeping", and then comes back and crashes. I think this boy may have a touch of OCD! Tee hee!! He has such an opinion when he doesn't feel good. And yet he also can't make up his mind, one minute it's chocolate milk, the next he wants ice water... and neither one make him happy! He cracks me up!

My little Cam is such a doll! Last night he wanted a priesthood blessing. We were trying to decide if we should just take him to the ER, or ride out the night. He knew what he wanted. Bro. Burningham was kind enough to come down at 10:30pm and help Jess give him a blessing. It was so sweet. Cam slept pretty well last night...considering. :D He knew it would offer him some relief!

I truly am grateful for my trials. There are worse things... after all. *wink* My life is mine...and I am glad for all I have and all I am asked to learn from. Onward and upward!
~~heather

p.s. I am bummed out we are missing the Valentine's Dinner and Ballroom dancing lesson our ward activities commitee is hosting tonight! *sniff* It sounded like SOO much fun! I hope everyone enjoyed it!! :D

1 comments:

Unknown

I am so sorry about the pneumonia! I feel your pain for sure. Tyson's 105 fever didn't respond to meds either. But the priesthood blessings were fantastic. I hope your family is on the mend soon. I am praying for you all! Hang in there.