Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chest Pain & confusion

Ok...so I am trying to talk myself out of something. Or rather talk myself into something. Or something like that...either way, I am conflicted. It's one of the two...

I have had some pretty ok days the last two weeks...at least 3 a week. And it has been a huge blessing with sick kids!! I have been looking forward to my surgery with almost giddiness. :)

This morning I woke up to a very painful sensation in the middle to the left side of my chest. It was pain and pressure. I sat up and was surprised at the intensity, but as I laid back down it seemed to subside some. I was still really tired and shortly I fell back asleep. It woke me up again a while later, though not as strong. I rolled over and found a different position and it subsided a bit later.

Now as I am going through my day I am extra tired, out of breath and my limbs are weaker than normal when they are weak. I can feel the pain ever so faintly almost constant, but when I take a big breath it becomes much stronger and it makes the top of my shoulder ache. And every once in a while it is sharp and painful and tight. It makes my tummy feel tight too when it hurts.

I have read up on the American Heart Assoc about warning signs for heart attack and stroke. And my symptoms say go the ER, but my mind says I will be fine. Am I in denial?

Jess has work for the 1st day in over a week, so I don't want to call him home... and the kids are still not on antibiotics long enough to go to someone else's house yet. That and I can't face another trip to the ER this month! *whine* I just can't!!

I wish I could shake a magic eight ball and know what I should do. What if it is just a pulled muscle like a friend offered as a solution? That would be an expensive pulled muscle! (lol) and what if they say it is a "panic attack"? I have only had one before, years ago, and this is not like that one. That would be annoying too.

I am just conflicted. I feel like if it is a heart attack it should be more excruciating, or longer and drawn out or more scary. I don't know. I am rambling. I can't get an answer from my cardiologist office...their phone just rings and rings... not sure what the trouble there is. And I know if I call my sister, who's a nurse she will likely tell me what I am sure any other nurse would tell me... go the ER and get an EKG. :(

I guess if I still am having pain when Jess gets here I will go. *sigh* What a pain in the heart! LOL!!! I need to go lay down...

3 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography

Go in... it's not worth finding out too late. Please!

Keri

YIKES! I agree. Go get it checked out!!!!

Tammy

Goodness you are CRAZY! I think you should have gone in! But it sounds like it turned out ok. I hope you get feeling well. I am sure the stress of this week is getting tough. Oh and don't worry about looking nice tomorrow, you'll be lucky to get me out of my PJs!