Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Jestin brought me flowers!

Hi all! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day honoring all those that mean a lot to you and your special sweetheart too! I had one of the strongest days I have had in a long time yesterday! I had almost forgotten exactly what a "non-treading water" day felt like! It was great! I took a shower and then with lots breaks, 'cause I am trying to be good, I spent the morning doing my hair and make-up and putting on some nice clothes. My Sweetheart LOVED it! It has been weeks since I made such an effort. The smile on his face was so worth it! :D

We did a "heart attack" in the dinning room (paper hearts all over) and left treats and notes for the kids at the breakfast table. When I came down after they had left for school I found notes back to Jess and I. *grin* We have such great kids! They had so much fun making Valentine's and thinking of each person they were sending them too. It was great! I like this holiday!

Jess brought home some take-out so I didn't have to make dinner. (It was sweet. I can't wait for next year when I can make *his* favorite again (steak and shrimp) for Valentine's Day.) (I am a sucker for tradition!) After that he insisted I let him take me to Real Deals in Springville. He had given me a gift certificate for Christmas (that he had earned doing electrical for them) and I hadn't felt good enough to go on the days they are open. It was a treat! I got the following for the dinning room and then a mirror for the familyroom that I can't seem to get the right angle on for a picture(sorry)...but it is AWESOME! Wrought iron & round. Very neat! I love it! It was a perfect day!! I was even able to stay awake & talk with Jess after the kids went to bed! Score!

I put this above my back door...Jess and I did a talk in church on this scripture once and have enjoyed seeing how much our testimonies of this principle has taken root and made a place in our home and hearts.

These were TOO cute!

So I am posting the info for Real Deals... 'cause I think everyone should go there at least once! Their prices are amazing! And their home decor is what you would find at Rod Works, Quilted Bear and any other higher priced home decor place! I LOVE their prices! I was able to get lots for a little! I LOVE Real Deals!!

Real Deals Home Decor

101 East 200 South

Springville

Open to the Public Just 2 Days a Week!

Thursday 10am - 7pm

Saturday 10am - 3pm

Go check it out! You will love it! *grin* There is something for everyone...and the century old home it is in is cool all by itself!

4 comments:

The Valentine Fam

I love Real Deals too! It definitely is the best place to buy any home decor. Very cute finds!

WALLISVILLE

Cute stuff! I am glad that you had a good day and got some beautiful flowers. They can really brighten the day:) Keep taking care of yourself! Tiff

Tammy

I will have to go there sometime. I am not very good at decorating all though I would like to be!! I am getting there. My MIL would die for that store so I will have to let her know!

Stephanie

I just love those decorations! I need to stop by Real Deals and check it out. Thanks for posting the information. I can't tell you how much fun I had the other day visiting and doing lunch we need to do it more often. Maybe in April when you have more time. (((hugs)))