Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Strep Throat

Well...I ended up with both older kids this time home not feeling well. I started with Emma to instacare as she seemed the worse...and her strep test came back positive. Bummer. So she got a shot. (I am not one to mess with strep...or 10 day antibiotics...we have a niece that got scarlet fever from strep) Many say I am mean...but I know by 24 hours later FOR SURE they are not getting anyone else sick and they are feeling better...and I wont create a monster virus by forgetting a dose or 4 in the following 10 days. 'Nough said! LOL!! Em was very brave and is excited to still be able to perform in the Primary Talent Show on Saturday.

So I came home and loaded Cody up and took him next. His test came back negative. He was THRILLED! LOL!! I have a prescription in case the longer 48 hour test comes back positive...but so far so good. Rotten winter time for illnesses anyway! I think I am going to re-write my budget for next winter and plan more for illness expenses! Ugh.

I am totally wiped out now....time for another drool making nap! LOL!! I can't wait to feel better!! 31 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography

Hehe! We did the same thing this last week!! Gotta love that strep.

Jonesy Rae Photography

Oh, and I wanted to say I hadn't thought about taking the door, but that is such a good idea! I'll have to see if Matt will go for it. Thanks!