Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I have been "clear" haven't I?

Wow! Almost a week since I posted? Life must have been busy? Yeah right. LOL!!

SOOO! The plans are finally together for the Concert/Auction Fundraiser! I am so excited! And I became even more excited when I told Emmalee that Eric Dodge was coming and singing AND teaching some line dancing! (We have been listening to the autographed CD he sent me) That made all of this worthwhile! Her jaw dropped! Her eyes got huge! And she said "like really? He is going to sing for you mom?!?" Tee hee!! I think she thinks he is "dreamy". She milked me for all the details and then ran to call her friend Megan. I could hear her squeeling and giggling as she told her all the details. She has not stopped smiling. *giggle* "Glad I could help ya sweetie!" I'll have heart problems anytime for that kind of excitement and joy on my little girls face! Bwahaha!! Ahhh Tweenies.... She makes me happy.

I have fallen in love with Eric's music. He has the most perfect country voice. It's not too twangy...and his songs are inspiring and touching! I have two that I absolutely love...though I have to say they all ROCK! If you copy and paste the link to his website to the left, you can hear a sample. I really am looking forward to hearing him live.

So I will post an exclusive post about the event in a second... I have some thoughts to share *grin*

  • Playing "sardine's" (backwards hide-&-seek) with your kids is a blast! Especially with a 2 year old who can't stop giggling! Gave us away every time!

  • IKEA has the best cafeteria. If they had a cafeteria like that in hospitals... well it wouldn't be such a downer to eat there! LOL!

  • Taking long naps after a quick trip to IKEA creates much drool. (*giggle*)

  • The size of this snowball is amazing. I can not believe all the people that are so quick to offer time, talents and funds for someone as obsure as I. Humbling.

  • I tremble with excitement when I think of the strength I may have after this surgery! And I have no fear anymore. I am so thankful for priesthood blessings that give me complete courage. We will survive this... physically, financially and emotionally. Peace. Strength. Love. What more could I need at this time...?

  • Emma was practically begging for some time alone with me... asking for anything/everything possible... so I took her with me for a quick trip to ShopKo for Zyrtec (btw: HALLELUYAH!! OTC saves me $160/month!! YIPEE!!). We stopped by the shoes for a moment... and well... we ended up with BOGO twinner pink ballet flats. They make me smile so much! I think I have a new favorite pair of shoes! I thought of my little girl wanting to spend time alone with me whenever I looked at my feet today. *grin* happy times!

  • Thank heavens for Staples and their crazy ad's. Our computer monitor was dying a sad headache making death. JWD Electric invested in a new monitor for it's Office Manager (Hee hee) and well... she loves it! I can see! No scratches! My head doesn't hurt and it is bigger so I dont squint as much either! AHHHH!!! I am so glad for SALES!! YEA!! Bless those people who thought a nice monitor for $149 was not too cheap! GOLD STAR! (poor Jess has tried to talk me into one for months...but I refused! I couldn't pay over $200 for just the monitor! I am a cheap skate!)

  • My puppy makes me happy. She knows when I have done enough/too much or I am having a bad day... normally she is a "daddy's girl" kind of pup... but when she needs to "take care" of her Mom she will follow me around, and sit on my lap every chance she gets. And she LOVES it when I lay down! I end up with my own little nap partner/built in heater! LOL! She is awesome! I dont know what I would do without her. She brings us so much joy!
  • She makes Baby Jack happy too! He begs for kisses! LOL!

  • I am trying to go back to the strict diet Dr. H put me on in the summer in prep for the surgery (as soon as we had finished the pan of 7 layer bars...thanks for helping me with that Amy! Tee hee! I know you SO didn't mind!) Well...today I had a cinnamon roll at IKEA. DER! I completely forgot! Huh. Talk about devotion to the diet eh? *Giggle*

Well...I better go! I will post the details here in a sec... G'night


0 comments: