Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Update on the boys

Cam is finally keeping down some broth. I took him to the Dr. again today and they gave him his first dose of steroids in a shot. (heh heh...can't puke them up! *wink*) He is still pretty miserable but he drank 2 cups of broth throughout this evening and has kept his evening dose of meds down tonight. I am so glad! 3 days with no food or water kept down...I was getting nervous. MIL says he looks like he is ready for Halloween. His eyes are sunken and dark, his face is white and his lips are bright red. My poor baby... :(

My sweet MIL is here, she came over and taught Emma to sew. They made a jean purse for Emma's Valentine's box at school, and then she stayed. She and the older 2 are crashed downstairs. She didn't want to leave me alone with two sick kids tonight. It has been fun to hang out. We don't get to do much of that these days. It was nice! She also sent me up to take a nap with Cam this afternoon...it was the first sleep in days I was able to sleep without one ear open for the kids. I couldn't wake up! Something about having Mom here made it easier. That and I knew she wasn't needing to be somewhere else or doing something else...so I felt less guilt in "pawning" off my babies. I am such a dork when it comes to asking others to tend my kids. I have this guilt thing that makes even myself crazy! LOL! "I am the mom and it is my responsiblity." Date nights are hard for me... I have to just hurry and walk away and try really hard to not think about them. Silly mommy instincts! No wonder empty nesters struggle! I can't imagine letting them go for good! LOL!

Jess is on his way back. It was not a pretty experience I guess...what a joke ((insert rolling eyes)) unnecesary drama that is for sure! ...and so they are sleeping in a motel 5 hours away and should be home tommorow around noon-ish. My heart aches for my family caught in the middle of another's phycosis.(sp?) *sigh* So frustrating and sad!

Caleb's fever spiked really high early this morning, but with motrin he was able to play pretty well today. It spiked again this evening and with the tylenol he got a little crazy, crying out of control and coughing and crying, I am wondering if it is the tylenol that makes him delirious! LOL! He has eaten little himself... mostly gathering the food and carrying it around with him. (so funny) His fever is back again tonight...I hope they both have a better night tonight and tommorow will be so much better! :D Positive thinking...


I better get to bed myself. I just got the feverish one to sleep and finished a breathing treatment on the other, so I needed to wind down and cool off! Tee hee! Wishing we could make it to church tommorow! I know *I* sure could use it! *sigh* Have a happy sabbath ya'll!!

3 comments:

Unknown

Yea! It sounds like you are on the uphill. Food and meds are staying in! That is great news!

Thank Heaven for your MIL! I wish I could hug her right now. She sounds fantastic. She can be my MIL if she wants!

Thanks for keeping us updated Heather. You are almost always in my thoughts.

Amy Lou

Heather! I saw the signs for the yard sale, but I couldn't make it. I had in-laws in town. I'm so sorry that your boys have been sick. I'm so glad you have help. I've been an awful friend. I want to help in every way with your surgery. I want to just hang out if you feel up to it and let the kids play. Our prayers are with you!

Tammy

Aww...poor babies! I hate sick kids. I just wish to take it all away from them and put it on me. That's so awesome that you could have family around to help. Taking a nap with kids is pretty impossible!