Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day # 6 Alas...

it is catching up with me! I was affraid it may have been too good to be true! LOL! I knew I was feeling way too good to have had heart surgery! *grin* After my surgery they put me on steriods because my heart was swelling. Well...as we all know...steriods give you great energy and a "sense of well being". Really. They do. I kept thinking I should want to sleep more. I should be exhausted more. I mean I am weak, and I can tell I had surgery, but when I was laying down I could not sleep. I took my first solid nap just today and I could not wake up! I have not slept well at all since surgery! (Insomnia bad!) However... see... yesterday was the last and smallest dose of my steriod treatment... and yesterday my emotional erruption hit (ah! for the love! Everything made me cry! poor Jess!) ... and now today I can feel it. I hurt. I really hurt. And it's my whole body that hurts. :( I am kinda bummed out about it. dang it!

I was telling jess that the hurt in my heart feels like this: it feels as though my heart is a big tear drop shaped metal balloon. It is hanging in my chest, full and heavy and achy, and it is full of hot stinging/burning liquid. And as my heart beats it swings in my chest and I can feel it on all the surrounding areas as if I am all bruised inside and the metal balloon is banging and pounding against these tender areas. Weird huh? I bet you all really wanted to know that huh? Bwahahaha!!! (I am just complaining a little bit, I am sorry... but! I also save all my posts...so I can justify I am "documenting" as well. *wink*)

My insicions are much better! They hardley have given me notice today and my neck muscle and area are great! You can barely see any bruising at all, or even the entrance spot! ... it's the rest of my body that hurts (*waa*) ... like my muscles are worn out & stretched thin from a long hard work out and they are stiff and sore and my whole chest cavity hurts and is full and burns. Steriods are nice... no wonder some people can get addicted! Coming off them sucks.

Today I feel like a slow turtle. LOL! I was grateful for our spring snow shower... and it being sunday... Jess stayed in with me and we cuddled on the bed. I slept like I haven't slept in a week or more! Tommorow should be fun! My first day on my own... and I am suppose to go to the dentist I just realized! ACK! I think I will call and re-schedule that! I was suppose to stop my blood thinners for 3 days before... guess that goes to show one more time that one should not schedule appointments when one is on pain medications! Bwahahahaha!!

I sure miss you all! I wished I could have gone to church! Our sweet home teachers, Cory and Cam, came over this morning and gave us a beautiful lesson! And Cory's darling wife made me some of my favorite cookies! She makes the best snickerdoodles around! YUM! And Jess' family all came over and brought sunday dinner! It was heavenly! I am spoiled! Tee hee! I have such great people in my life! I dont know what I did to deserve it!

Well... I am ready to fall over sitting here... time to go to bed! Have a great night! ((HUGS))

0 comments: