Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

THANKYOU

I just wanted to post a quick thank you to all of you who check our blog! I am so amazed and humbled at what you have collectively done for our family! With all the fundraisers and donations, we are over the $20k mark. We have met the hospitals base price for this surgery! I am so shocked and humbled.

In all honesty, this whole time I have struggled with having everyone help me. We are not destitute. Jess can pay our bills...we never get much ahead...but somehow he always has made ends meet. I keep feeling so unworthy of help. I kept thinking that paying for this surgery ourselves was what we "deserved". We were within 3k of paying off all of the children's hospital bills...so I figured I would just keep paying a bigger amount for a much longer period. I never sought to have anyone help us. And then my FLYSistah Brandy jumped in... and then my Bishop caught wind of what we were facing and he jumped on it, and announced it in Sacrament meeting, and the whirlwind began....websites, newpaper articles, events, and donations. And as I look back, each brick on this road has needed to be where it was to make other things happen. I have been "saved" from one surgery that would do nothing for me, and a second one much more life altering! I have grown and my testimony and percpective have changed. I have learned, deep down, just how much each of us are loved by God...individually! And all we have to do is approach Him and allow Him to work in our lives!

I never imagined the gifts of love, support, and friendships I would receive in allowing others to lift this burden. I never imagined how much effort everyone would invest on my behalf. I never knew I could feel love like this. I know most people feel so blessed to be able to serve... and yet I feel like this has blessed *me* so much more. Not just monetarily... I feel like I have been allowed to see a sweeter side of humanity. I have seen in each of you what I think Heavenly Father would see in you. There have been many that have quietly without knowing lifted my heart with simple words or thoughts. I have watch some of you give more than maybe you should. I have received emails from across the globe of people wanting to offer encouragement and love. I have cried and laughed and been stunned time and time again. I have made life long friendships. Jess & I have been given the chance to teach our children about service...in a very profound way.

It truly has been a strange place to be... and yet looking back on all of this... I would not change it for the world! I would take this heart ailment and insurance mess all over again if it meant I could learn the things I learned, love the way I have learned to love, pray the way I have been blessed to pray, make new sweet friends the way I have, and grown closer to old friends whom mean so much. I would not change a thing.

And so here I am. I will have heart surgery in TWO WEEKS! (yipee!) We won't have a HUGE debt hanging over our heads thanks to each of you. We won't have to sell our home or dramtically change our eating habits (LOL). We have been given the greatest gift of PEACE as we approach this surgery. We can focus on the health side of it. The financial will take care of itself. And that is HUGE!

THANK YOU. And as you read that word... imagine me wrapping my arms around each of you and squeezing you tight. ((((Thank you)))) I still feel deep down that we don't deserve this, however I am so grateful to have had this chance in my lifetime. I love you. I can honestly and deeply say, I love you. Each of you. For giving what each of you were able to give. And whatever you have been able to offer or give... it is enough. And it is perfect. And my heart is bursting with gratitude and admiration for each of you. God Bless each of you in your families, for what you have done to bless mine!
All my love,
~~Heather

3 comments:

Keri

Beautiful...

Unknown

It's good Karma. You deserve it all because of the way you have always lived you life, the way you treat people, because of the person you are . . . Your heart has done (and will continue to do)so much good for this world, the least we could do is help fix it!

I am so excited for your surgery! I keep watching the calendar, wishing the 26th was closer. Good luck, and keep taking it "easy."

Tammy

That's awesome! I am glad to see things going so well. I know it can be tough to accept help, but the Lord will be there for you. I am SOO happy that we've reached the goal we set. YEAH! What a great thing!