Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, March 17, 2008

Feeling the Butterflies

This morning I am starting to feel the butterflies! Nervous, excited, etc. Who knew one could look forward so much to surgery! I am so tired of taking it easy! I feel I am pushing against a rubber ceiling...and I can't wait to break out! I want to push myself again! I want to deep clean my filthy house. I want to go for a walk. I want to go shopping! I want to play with the kids!

Now I am not kidding myself that these things will come quickly... I know it will take time to recover and build back my strength and all...but I can't wait to be on the other side on my way up! I can't wait to be on that upward slope! It will be FANTASTIC!!

Easter is just days away! I can't believe it and the kids can't wait. (Neither can I.) I love to see them so excited! I need to get cresent rolls for Resurrection Rolls for our lesson on the Savior, and I want to get myself something new to wear for church. I picked up the boys new polo's for less than $5 a piece, and so then I splurged and bought Emma a dress (she only owns 2 that fit, so I didn't feel too guilty) for less than $20. Jess is easy because he just got a new tie for Christmas, so I just got him a $5 shirt for after church. I used to love my tradition of buying everyone new church clothes for Easter! Now I just don't anymore. It is too expensive once they grow out of the little kids clothes section! Sheesh! LOL!

I can't wait to dye eggs with the kids too! Caleb keeps bringing me the box that has our tablets in it...I think he thinks it is a treat! Bwahahaha!!

I have to admit...part of me is really sad this year. We can't take our kids to either of their grandparents to celebrate, and it sucks really bad! We just can't risk Cam's asthma acting up the same time as my surgery. I know I could not handle both...and neither could Jess. It just really bums me out. I feel like I can't "go home" this year. And it makes me really sad. I also worry as Cam is getting old enough to know it's "his fault"...even though he has no control over it. He is so sensitive these days... my heart just aches for the whole situation. It stinks. Oh well. Such is life... we will just have to make this Easter about our own little family... and how much fun we can have here at home...where they a-l-w-a-y-s are. *sigh* (you should hear the whine in Emma's voice when she says that...ugh!)

What are some of your Easter Traditions? I tag all who read this to post on their blogs ways that their family celebrates the holiday! Maybe that will give me some good ideas for our little family this year! It is such a sacred and yet fun holiday... do you break up the worldly from the spiritual? What do you love about it? What about traditions you'd like to change? do tell!!

0 comments: