Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday

I love Sundays. I love the quietness of the house. I love that the kids know they dont play with friends or outside, so they quietly play together. Their games of imagination are so fun to listen to. I love the extra sleep. I love going to church and re-filling my cup and re-newing my commitments. I love that Jess has no where he has to be working, and that I actually can talk to him without feeling like I am keeping him from a job or a project. I love to have hometeachers over, and sending Jess out to serve. I love the chance to slow down, re-think, and re-focus. I love having dinner with family or close friends and kindling those precious relationships that are so quickly acknowledged any other day. I love sitting down and reading uplifting material (somtimes cover to cover) and not feeling bad that I am not getting others things done around the house. I love the devotionals on TV. I love sitting as a family cuddled up watching them. I love in warm weather going on walks as a family in the evening. I love how close I feel to my Father in Heaven on these days, and how intune I can feel with myself if I follow the steps needed to get there...

Sundays are my favorite days. Heavenly Father was BRILLIANT when He asked us to keep this day holy and to honor it and Him this day. I am thankful for the Sabbath Day.

1 comments:

Tammy

I love Sundays too! So calm and quiet and peaceful. Even with all the hubbub of getting ready for church! It is such a great time to be together as a family and do some relaxing things!