Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Check 1 off the "Bucket List"

We are getting really good at "flying by the seat of our pants"! LOL

One of my dearest friends, and FLYSistah, Allie, called to check on my progress on thursday evening. I was doing really good and so she extended the most awesomest invitation!!

She and her hubby Mike had been selected from the lottery for The Mormon Tabernacle Choirs Christmas Program featuring David Archuletta. They had 4 tickets total and invited Jes and I to join them. I was so torn!! It had only been 2 weeks since my stroke, and I was not sure what to expect from my body. Also, my mind has been stuggling with processing information, I feel over stimulated and almost like I have A.D.D., as I can't seem to tune out everything going on around me. A concert seemed like a recipe for disaster.

BUT... this is something I have dreamed about!! I have wanted to hear the Choir since forever. I live in UTAH! For heaven sakes and I have never seen them in person! I have been to the Conference Center for multiple conferences, but it has never been them singing at the sessions I have attended. I *REALLY* wanted to go!

I said as much to Ma, and before I knew it, she and Dad were working it out to get me a wheelchair, and Jes was supportive of going. So we got the kids settled and off we went!
Allie and Mike arrived 2 hours early to get in line, as the tickets don't guarantee you a seat. You still have to wait in line and hope you get in. We did. This is us waiting outside for about 35 minutes. It was 33 degrees. But the company was great and we had some good laughs waiting in line. :) 
Allie and I after the concert.

It was a great concert!!! My mind did SOOO much better than I thought it might. And it was nice to hang out with someone who HAS A.D.D.... *giggle* we were two peas in a pod!  
 Jes' favorite part was when Michael York narrated the story of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and then later the Nativity story. The choir and orchestra were PHENOMIAL!! So were the dancers and the Bells Choir. David did well... he has a nice voice. It was magical!
 The set was incredible too! I didn't know unttil the next day, but another of our FLYSistahs (Patty whom I went to NY with)'s husband was the set designer! He just an amazing job!! I loved it!
 We didn't get out of the concert until almost 10 pm, but I wish we had walked across the street and taken photos on Temple Square. We probably would have, but we hadn't eaten dinner and we were all starvin'!
 This little house is across the street from the Conference Center. It looks like a post card house! I had to have a photo of it! :)

We were given the gift of some $, so we splurged and went out to eat for our Christmas date and hung out until almost midnight. It was SOOO fun! And so nice to get out of the house, and focus on something besides therapy and day to day living made harder. I could not have asked for a better Christmas gift. Thanks Ma and Dad for making it happen... and...
 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Allie and Mike!! We can't wait to hang out again! It was SO much fun!!!
I love you Allie!!

1 comments:

Peggy

I'm so glad you were able to do this and that sweet Allie invited you. I swear that girl's laugh goes a long way in healing the soul!