Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Recovery Day 6

Getting a little better at one-handed typing W/ punctuation! LOL Today was a follow-up with my Dr. He really is just great! He is thorough, honest & kind. And I really appreciate it.

He is pleased with my progress. Really pleased about Jenny's success with getting my urinary tract going from the massage. He discussed with us what to watch for with possible bladder & kidney problems as it continues to heal. We are optimistic full function will return shortly without problems, but he has an antibiotic on standby just in case. (he wanted to start me on one just to be safe... but I couldn't mentally take one more thing...so we are just going to watch it & I am going to drink cranberry juice 'n lotsa water ;)  ) He wants me to start blood thinners, which we will monitor closely. Shots to myself the the stomach 2x day for 3 days, plus another pill from now on. It will be a big adjustment, as the med doesnt mix well with a lot of things (food, other drugs, he even laughed and said he thinks it is sensitve to the air we breathe! LOL) I feel nervous about it... I can't explain why. Trying to figure that out.

We also discussed the steriod I am on. Dr. C. wanted me to know that my "leaps and bounds" may be related to them... and to be prepared in case I plateu in recovery in days 5 from now when I go off of them. If I do, we may consider some kind of steriod on a long term basis to prevent any further blood vessel swelling. It is a wait and see scenario.

I did pretty good today. My shoulder has gotten most of its stength back and I can use less brain power to move it. My elbow is following suit. I can manupulate my hip pretty well, but the drag and slide of walking is getting really old! LOL Mostly cause I LOOK old! tee hee

Jenny came and gave me a massage today. She is amazing. I dont know what I would do without her. I feel like her "healing powers" have been huge! After my massage, I laid my head on my Ma's knee and while she stroked my cheek and neck I cried. This is a process that is for sure.

On to a different thought process though...

I am really amazed at the way my heart and soul has turned. I have deeply been pondering the article I posted last week about our version of reality (this world) and the real reality (eternity/Heavenly Father's pressence) and how I percieve things. I am keenly aware of how this physical body and my spiritual body are connected... and yet not. We ARE spiritual beings...having a mortal experience. And that changes everything.

I can conquer this. I will prevail. And if not.... I will still conquer. And I will still prevail.... even if it is only to be able to see my Father in Heaven again and my greastest comforter, ally, friend and my Savior on more levels than I ever understood before...Jesus Christ.

And I am deeply humbled to be given this trial.

0 comments: