Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, December 17, 2010

Progess update & Dr. visit

Thursday and Friday were my best days. I took on so much more of my ability to move my body without a lot of thought process. I was able to attend the Relief Society Christmas Party on Thursday night (Thank you Shannon for remembering me and being my shuttle! and Becki for being my cutest waitress ever *grin*) It was so nice to attend and feel the Spirit of the program. It filled my soul in so many ways. I was glad I didn't miss it. (and the Sisters were SO nice to wait at the bottom of the stairs and watch me gimp up them with my cane *ugh* That was nice and EMBARRASSING! LOL)

Friday we went to the Dr. for my follow up. I told him I had opted out of the blood thinners. I had spent a better part of the week in between praying and trying to get comfortable with being on Cumaden for long term. I couldn't. It just isn't the right step... and I know it in my heart. He was hesitant at first, but as we discussed things he was supportive in my decision. Since we aren't sure what caused this stroke 100% in the first place, we were using the blood thinners as a "just in case", when there wasn't strong enough evidence to support it. I am still taking the cholesterol med, though my #'s aren't THAT elevated and my veins look good as far as that, and I am also on both my heart meds and a new histamine blocker. I have opted to start a more organic approach. I am taking ginger, Omega 3 fish oils and a vitamin D3 supplement on top of my regular vitamins. I have more research to do... but feel really pleased with my paths I am being led down and have this deep feeling of being led by the Spirit to know what my body needs.

The Dr. also tested my kidneys again and they came back looking good. I still have some bowel problems (can't feel the sensation and so don't go) so Jenny gave us some grapefruit oils to try and showed us how to massage my tummy. I also have tried some Miralax. It is starting to work, just waiting on better sensations to feel down there. It will come I think... with time.

He wants to see me after Christmas again. He is concerned now that I have gone off the steroid that we may see a decline in improvements, or some recurrence of symptoms... so he is monitoring me closely. He is feeling more and more that it may be an autoimmune disorder. He said they are hard to diagnose and the symptoms are varied. But I have so many of them...that it just seems to fit. We shall see.

The best part about my Dr. visit, was seeing the awe in his eyes at the leaps and bounds improvements I have experienced. He was thrilled!! It was neat. It makes me so happy to see the reward of my efforts...and be reminded of just how far I really have come! :)

We are really hopeful for a full recovery at this pace by New Years! :)

0 comments: