Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, December 20, 2010

Leaps and Bounds...and a step or two back

This day has been H.A.R.D. It has been a crazy weekend, and I think I am paying the piper.

We had the concert on friday, getting home just before 2 am. We put together our casserole for the Ward Christmas Party Breakfast and went to bed. We had to get up and make 2 - 5 quart thermos' of orange juice (supplied by the Elder's Quorum - so that means us. LOL) and bake our casserole, and have it all ready by 10 am. It was a fun breakfast/nativity and we were glad we went.

Then on Saturday, following the party, the kids and I worked together to get all the household chores done. I am so blessed. The kids did really well cleaning their respective chore rooms. :) With few complaints. Then Jes and I ran a couple of errands that couldn't wait. By the time we arrived at home, it was time to hurry and eat dinner so we could get to the family wedding. (Jes' cousin Grady) I could not do it. I was so done you could have stuck a fork in me! LOL Jes took the kids and drove over to the wedding. He drove into the parking lot as the bride and groom drove out. I felt so bad! (if I hadn't been so slow moving at our errand stops he would have made it! :P)  I fell asleep before the garage door even went down, and slept so hard I could barely move. I woke up a few times later that evening, but mostly was sleep walking really. I remember getting off the couch and going to bed, but not really at the same time! LOL

Sunday I slept until almost noon. We got ready and I went to sacrament meeting with my family. The meeting was amazing!! I felt the Spirit so strongly. I had to keep my eyes closed through most of it because I felt so overstimulated, but I think that helped me to feel the Spirit even more. Jes brought me home after the meeting, and as he headed back to church, my cousin Nikki & her hubby & son stopped by for a visit.

Isnt he the cutest little mite ever?? :)
They stayed until the family came home... and we had a great visit. We made something to eat and I immediately fell asleep. Jes went hometeaching, and when he returned, we loaded up. We had a family party at Ewell's. (See following post for pictures and details)

It was a fun time, and I was blessed to be able to keep my mind happy and social. It was crazy busy, loud and stimulating. LOL A regular family party! *GRIN*

On the way home, I had to ask everyone to not talk, and no music. My head was pounding. My senses were being awful. I just wanted to get into bed and close my eyes and quit moving my body.

My head hurt all night long. I could not sleep well... and 5-6 times in the night I had a strange thing happen. My right side only would jump, go rigid, and felt like all my nerve endings were zinging. It only lasted 3-5 seconds, but would fully wake me up. Feeling my right side has been the goal... LOL... but really. That was annoying.

And now... here it is Monday. I woke up with great movement and strength... that only lasted for a few hours. I could almost walk without a limp. For a few hours. Then I was done. I have slept and felt completely exhausted for the remainder of the day. My muscles are not as quick to respond. My speech keeps catching. It has felt like I have lost a few days of improvement. I hope that in the morning it is better again.

xxcrossing fingersxx

I would not trade the experiences I have had this weekend... but I think I still need to document where I am at in honesty. It helps me to see how far I have come and where I am going. And the things I have enjoyed have been worth it! :)

0 comments: