Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Family Update

We are all doing well! We are healthy, have enough to eat, and love each other deeply and fully. What more could we ask for? But still... for those of you who know and love us...here is an update on our daily grind.

JESTIN- still trying to work hard at making JWD Electric a success. He works an adverage of only 2-3 days a week... which may or may not pay the bills. We are putting our faith in Heavenly Father that what our family needs, vocationally, will come to pass. And we are doing all we can to help it along as well. It's all we can do.
His eye is still a mess. It is blurry and he is completely blind to the left side of himself. He almost ran over a neighbor the other evening (Sorry Bro. Jorgensen!) because he didn't turn his head fast enough to notice he had begun to walk across the street! It frustrated him to no end... that and the fact that it is different every day... he never knows how clearly he is going to be able to see on a given day. He is pretty upbeat about it though...
He loves his calling and the great men of the bishopbric he serves with. He loves the people of this ward so much!

EMMALEE - is plugging away at school. She is a bit behind from our couple of months of ailment on top of ailment, having misssed so much school, but she does well in school. There is drama in the girlfriends department (it's 5th grade...of course there's drama!) and she has a new perspective on her friends everyday. (One day they will never be friends again and one day they are joined at the hip) Her Daddy is having a hard time keeping it all straight... but I just grin and tell him to wait and see what tomorrow brings! *GRIN*
She has decided to homeschool next year as well. Cody really wants her to come home this year, but we will see. The drama wears on her, she is much like me and likes balance and peace. LOL

CODY - is flying high with homeschool! We are still in the "detox phase" just a bit (where he can't function well without being told what to do next every minute) but it is getting better. He is starting to go out on his own more and more... and his list of things he wants to know grows everyday! We had a blast at the zoo last week for Free Homeschool Day! It was great!

CAMERON - is as fiesty as ever! He LOVES school... and playing with his friends. He also is crazy about the video games and the Wii. He loves it when Jess plays Wii Playground with him! He says he wants to stay in school... but is always a bit sad when we do something he thinks would be fun. I am still trying to find a balance for that... it's not so easy (just like ya said Jill! LOL)

CALEB - is L-O-V-I-N-G having Cody home during the day! He tries to tempt him with watching TV during school time, but loves it when Cody suggests games to play together. He "works" on *his* school work - which usually is just coloring or having us read to him. LOL He also still attends Preschool twice a week with his best friend Jesse. He is a handful and a spitfire. I have to "douse" him quite often! LOL

Sophie - the only pup is doing FABULOUS! She LOVES being the only dog again. I miss having two I must admit, but have decided that when times are good again financially I will. I want a little boy this time... and I may call him Sammy. Sophie and Sammy. Isn't that cute?? Jess just laughs at me and rolls his eyes.

I am doing well. My heart is getting stronger everyday. I LOVE my heart meds. They keep me more in balance than I have ever been! It is getting to be spring, so the few weeks where my Zyrtec doesn't ward off my hives is coming :( but if that is the least of my worries I will take it! I am actively working as a Realtor still too... LOVE IT! It's so fun to house hunt! I am excited about all the new programs too! THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY!! I wish we were 1st time home buyers! The prices are great, AND the government is giving $8000 free and clear in a tax credit! Hello?? No fair! *giggle*
I am still in the Primary Presidency & loving all these kids! They are so much stronger in the gospel than I ever was at that age! Their knowledge astounds me!


Ahh... anyway...there is an update! I better go! It's time for us to read our book - Summer of the Monkeys - and I have some real estate stuff to get through before I head over to the model home! Have a great day ya'll! :)

2 comments:

Tammy

such a busy family. I hate that girls have to have drama! That was the worst when I was in school. Glad that homeschooling is going well. I love updates like this. If you have faith everything will work out and it sounds like you got it!! :)

Glad for good health too. Our baby just started a small seal cough today and I am dreading tonight!

Lily

Heather your such a busy lady. It's entertaining to read about your everyday life. :)