Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wed. Update for the week

Well... here we are and wednesday is over I haven't gotten it down how our week has gone! LOL! See how I am?

The last 3 days we have done math and grammer and reading and spelling every day. But then we have done something much more important with our time. We have been serving. Cody has helped me in playing with and entertaining Caleb and a neighbor boy while his momma tended to his daddy in the hospital. Cody has done a great job of praticing child care, he has helped me make meals, wash faces and play games. They have had a great time!

He also has finished his last Fablehaven book this week and we are two chapters into reading Summer of the Monkeys together. He also has started to finish the book his teacher was reading to them (Al Capone Does My Shirts). Today we went to the library in search of information on how movies are made, and realized how limited our library really is. (If any of you have any great ideas on where we can get some good info on movie making - the actual dynamics of the camera and how it works - we would love some direction) I think we are going to have to suck it up and pay the fee to get a Provo/Orem library card (Or beg Gram to let us use hers! LOL) And so we switched subjects on his "what I want to know" list and are going to study anatomy starting tommorow. We got a CD Rom that has info and games and it should be a good time. I am also going to do some digging for a few good enrichment ideas from my homeschool support group!

All in all, even though we haven't been IN the office with school... it has been a learning week nonetheless! *wink*

0 comments: