Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, March 30, 2009

Uh? Cucumbers anyone?

Ah... my sweet husband is awesome! He has really gotten excited and passionate about our garden this year - he even spent 3 days tilling the garden with a tiller that will only work for 5 minutes at a time and then has to sit for 30 minutes. (talk about ANNOYING!! :P )

We have planted 6 rows of 2 different kinds of peas, 1 each of spinach, cabbage and 2 rows of lettuce! It has been so fun to work together and plan this out! He is having a blast!

But then the planting bug was still going strong so, while the kids and I played at the Rock and Gem Show 2 Saturdays ago, he took old flower planting containers, filled them with dirt and planted seeds. *HE* loves cucumbers. He does. He eats pickles like crazy... he loves fresh ones soaked in vinegar. They make him happy! So of course! Why not plant cucumbers?

Well... I am not sure it sunk in...

Now... would you please count with me? Yes. Your counting is correct. This photo shows 5 6-packs of cucumbers! Only one in this picture is winter squash... the rest are cucumbers. LOL!!! What in the world are we going to do with 30 cucumber plants?? Bwahahaha

Ahhh.. .he makes me laugh!

Luckily he also planted some zuchinni, jelly bean tomatoes, baby girl tomatoes, beef steak tomatoes and some Italian Ice tomatoes...

Guess I am going to be learning how to share the wealth... and to bottle our own pickles! Go me! *GRIN*

1 comments:

Shelly

I usually grow a little garden but didn't do anything with it last summer. I sure missed it though. I am hoping to get it planted this year though. I think it is fun to accomplish something. Your plants look great. I am glad you are doing well. Your family is beautiful.