Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yellow Belt

Jestin has been learning karate with our friends Blair and Cindy here in the neighborhood. It has really stretched Jess, in that it takes a lot of muscle coordination in ways he doesn't use his muscles, and he has had to memorize a lot, which is not his favorite. He did SO good though! Last night they did their test and they all are officially Yellow Belts in Kempo Karate!

They have had a blast together!!
After they were presented with their belts and certificates, Master Kelly taught them about the tea ceremony to celebrate. It was really neat! Lots of symbolism....

(sorry about the photos! I only brought my cell phone! I dont know what I was thinking!)


You never serve yourself, but you dont talk either! It was very cool!

Blair serving Cindy.
It was a very neat thing to watch! Thank you Master Kelly for taking on these 3 awesome students!! They are getting better and better everytime I see them!
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS JESTIN!! I knew you could do it!!
And thanks Mom, for sewing on the patches on his Gi for us! *grin*

1 comments:

Blair and Cindy

Will you send me the pictures. It would be great to have them. I was so nervous about the test that it wasn't even on my mind to bring a camera. It's nice to have that over with and I'm sure Jestin feels the same! I'm just glad that I didn't have to pour the tea from that HOT pot with bare hands! Although since I am the only female I have to serve everyone! What's up with that!? Thanks for taking pictures!